Eco-Printing Continuation with Lizzie Godden
16th September 2018, 10am-4pm | £80
This will be such an exciting weekend of discovery, developing what you already know!
- using a variety of ways of printing on fabric with leaves. For example you might of heard of using an "iron blanket" -all will become very clear!
- steaming our bundles as well as putting them in a dye bath, to see the different effects that can be achieved.
- printing onto large pieces of paper to then use a range of folding techniques to make exciting small books.
- using some exciting shibori techniques to get some original and exciting patterns.
- experimenting with making printing ink with natural dyes.
And there'll be time to play and experiment.
All materials will be provided - including silk noil, watercolour paper, prepared cotton and several dye baths. A homemade lunch is also included in the price, as well as refreshments throughout the day.
See more of Lizzie's work on her Facebook page.
You will need to bring a jam jar with a well fitting lid, strong plastic containers to take items home in, old clothes/an apron.
The course starts on Sunday morning at 10am, with a delicious home cooked meal at 12. An afternoon tea will be provided and the day finishes at 4pm.
Please check our courses information page for our recommended places to stay. There is on site parking for all.